We understand the importance of a beautiful smile. We also understand that teeth stains happen over time. Instead of relying on over-the-counter solutions, which provide results that aren’t as dramatic and don’t last as long as professional options, why not talk to our office about our in-office or at-home treatments? If you have unsightly discoloration you should consider professional teeth whitening.
Try Our Teeth Whitening Quiz
- True or False: A variety of factors can lead to teeth stains.
- True or False: Our office-based whitening solution takes less than an hour.
- True or False: We can provide at-home professional whitening.
- True or False: Having your teeth cleaned can help your teeth stay bright.
- True. The most common causes are the foods and drinks we consume. For example, drinks with dark pigments, such as soda, coffee, or tea, can lead to discoloration. Other causes may include age, smoking, fluorosis, or even injury to the teeth. Understanding the cause of your discoloration is essential for recommending the appropriate treatment option.
- True. The dentist will apply a powerful bleaching gel to your teeth, activating the gel with a curing light. After about an hour, the teeth may be brightened by up to eight shades. For people with hectic schedules, this is often the preferred choice.
- True. The home-based option can often address more serious discoloration. We first create a set of custom-made trays. The patient brings the trays home, along with a prescribed bleaching gel. Each day the patient wears the gel-filled trays for a certain amount of time. Total treatment time may take a week to ten days.
- True. After treatment you should maintain good oral hygiene in order to ensure your results continue to last. Aside from brushing and flossing daily, we urge patients to have their teeth cleaned. A professional teeth cleaning removes plaque and tartar from the teeth. The doctor then polishes the teeth thoroughly. The procedure brightens the teeth and reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.